One of my favorite questions to people like you is what is the problem you solve in your business. Too often I hear answers that are what you do, but not what the problems you solve are.
I can’t tell you how frustrating this is for your customers and potential customers. At some point they’re going to want to know how you solve their problem. First, they want to know what are the problems that you solve for them.
In this video I’m going to use what we do when we help clients create an economically sustainable business as our case for the day.
One of my favorite questions I ask people like you, is, what is a problem you solve in your business? Too often, I hear answers that are what you do, but not what problems you solve for your customers.
I can’t tell you how frustrating this is for your customers and potential customers. At some point, sooner than later, they’re gonna wanna know how you solve their problem. They don’t really care what it is that you do, they just wanna know that you can solve their problem, and then they’re gonna be interested in how you go about doing that. But first they wanna know what are the problems that your business solves for them? And if you don’t communicate that to them, how are they ever gonna know you’re the right company to work with?
So in this video, I’m gonna do a little case study. I’m gonna use my own company to show what we do to help clients create an economically sustainable business, as our case for the day.
So, here’s what we know. We know the problem you wanna solve is to have more fun, make more money and love your business. We also know that too often, things are not working out the way you want. You might even be saying to yourself, I’m working way too hard for getting way too little results. You even are thinking, I wish I could find help to make things easier for me to find ways to take action, to get the results I want. I’ve spent 40 years fighting the complex and making things simple for people I work with. The reason I do this is, I have found that private business owners, just like you, are just not gonna take action, unless their things are simple and understandable.
So here’s how we do that.
- It all starts with fighting jargon. I like to think of myself as a jargon buster. Now, we all use jargon ’cause of the shorthand, for getting communication across. But if I’m talking to you and you don’t understand the jargon I’m using, you might feel dumb and none of us wanna feel dumb.
- Number two, you need simple steps to move forward. I can’t make things complicated, I have to make things simple and easy to do, the reason you just don’t have all that much time to work on strategic activities in your business, you’re too busy running the day to day.
- Number three, we only work on one or two things at a time. one of the biggest fights I have with clients along the way, is taking that laundry list of 20 or 30 or 40 projects and say, okay, that’s great. But you keep looking into that list and really never get anything done. What’s the one thing that will move the needle the most for you on this list, and that’s what we focus on.
- Number four, we wanna use your expertise to guide us with what you want. The truth is you have a tremendous amount of expertise. Your expertise is in what you do. Now we might bring other pieces of expertise to the table, but it’s your expertise who wanna build on, not our expertise.
- And number five, we help you think through your challenges, see what the real reason is, you wanna do something. This is so important. If you don’t have a good reason to do something, we call it understanding your why, you’re never, never, never going to take action.
So when we do these things, here’s what happens.
- Number one, you gain clarity about what you wanna do and how to do it.
- Number two, because you’re gonna be doing what you should be doing, you’re going to avoid burnout.
- You’re gonna have more free time,
- you’ll love your business again,
- and finally, you’re gonna finally get the financial rewards you deserve.
So let’s recap on the problem we’re solving. Your business’s dragging you down, and you wanna have the pain go away.
If that sounds like you, or you don’t feel you’re taking advantage of your opportunities, let’s set a time to talk. I also want you to learn how to stop being short on cash, and find out how to have more fun, make more money and love your business again.
So why don’t you click on the button below, set a time for us to talk, and while you’re at it, scroll down and leave a comment about what you think about clearly communicating what problems you solve for your customers.
Hey, this is Josh Patrick. You’re at the sustainable business. Thanks a lot for stopping by. I hope to see you back here really soon.